Click on the image to see presentation.
The Additional Learning Needs and |Education Tribunal Bill (Wales) was unanimously passed by the National Assembly for Wales on the 12 th December 2017. The Act will be supported by regulations and the new ALN Code, both of which will be revised and then consulted on in 2018/19. It is anticipated these will both be in place by the end of 2019 following Assembly scrutiny.
- Nearly a quarter of learners in Wales will experience some form of additional learning need
during their early years of education.
- The current legislative framework for supporting them is based on a model introduced more than 30 years ago, which is widely recognised to no longer be fit for purpose.
- The Act will overhaul the system for supporting pupils with ALN.
- The Act will place the learner at the heart of that process and will make the system simpler and less adversarial.
- The Act is part of a wider education reform programme aimed at transforming the current system to secure successful futures for all learners.